Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lafora disease

This is Jersey has a long article on the London Marathon including John Sharp. Who suffers from Lafora disease an extremely rare genetic disorder.

Chelseas Hope

The website has been updated including for example the latest on the genetic research as well as fund raising and other key updates.

Note. There is also a yahoo group.

Sex genetics

Actually it is a bit more than that.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Autism genetics

It seems that this new discovered gene can only effect 15%. what about the other 85%?

Monday, April 27, 2009

Swine flu

More on swine flu genetics.

Murky genetics

There is a lot of questions over the genetics of swine flu.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cancer genetics

This time prostate cancer.

Genetic lottery

It is a lottery whether people get prenatal genetic screening or not.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Genetic backlash

It seems the Steve Jones article which I discussed earlier has started a backlash and now cancer doctors want some of the money to be diverted from genetic research to research into surgery.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Correct link

Here is the correct link for the research project at Oxford which the Mail failed to provide.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rare nasty genetic disease

This is a brave London girl who has a rare nasty genetic disorder. Note the link from the Mail article does not work if you have the right link please email me.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Wrong genetics

It seems that genetics is not so simple as Steve Jones argues it is not a few genes but hundreds that are involved in causing diseases like cancer.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Multiple cures

It seems that genetic research by the creaters of Dolly the Sheep can lead to multiple cures for people.

Genetic switch

This is quite an interesting story.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Orkney genetics

Just off them some drink. On a serious note the money will have some impact on genetics. Let's hope they have not been screwing each other.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Genetic sense

The pioneer of genetic fingerprinting thinks it has gone too far.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Genetic failure

It seems that genetic engineering has not worked in increasing crop yelds but to be fair it has worked to make biotech companies rich and that is the main thing. Right?

Monday, April 13, 2009

Vaccines and drugs

It seems that genetic discoveries could lead to them. I hope so but I don't like the idea of vaccines due to the scare factor.

Not always the answer

It appears that genetics is not always the answer and other things have to be taken into account with cancer drugs.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

ADHD study

They are looking for 600 families for a study. There are some indicitions of a genetic link.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Love at first genetics

It seems that love at first sight may exist and it could be genetic for fruit flies.

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Google genetics

Brim's wife making money out of questionable genetic tests without proper mental health support.

Let's hope that people see reason and not get fooled by the company and it's wild claims on genetic testing.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Personalised medicine

This area of genetics has been talked about for sometime but not very much has happened.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Eczma genetics

My dream come through a possible cure at long last.

Cancer genetics

This time it is skin cancer.

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Inbreeding wolves

The wolves need a lesson in genetics to control themselves.

Friday, April 03, 2009

Robot genetics

A robot has done something which a human can't do.

Male pill

Genetic research has made it possible but not many women will believe it.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Celtic movement

Genetics has uncovered a movement of people from Ireland to Scotland.

No news

Today I have no news on genetics.